Do you know what atrial fibrillation actually is?
- An imbalance in heart chambers’ (two upper and two lower) beating
Did you know there are 4 types of atrial fibrillation?
- Occasional – symptoms might go away
- Persistent – heart rhythm doesn’t go away on its own
- Long-standing persistent – lasts longer than 12 months
- Permanent – abnormal heart rhythm can’t be restored
1st way how to treat/prevent this condition?
- Eating a heart-healthy diet
- Increasing your physical activity
- Avoid smoking
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Limiting or avoiding caffeine and alcohol
- Reducing stress (intense and anger)
- Using over the counter medications with caution
Next post on Wednesday: What is a catheter and how does it help us?